Theme: 40 days of Lent--To be set free
Sound Notes:
Sound Notes:
Reference Scriptures: John 3:14-21 and Mark 1:9-13
Call To Worship:
Leader: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
Everyone: In God I trust; I will not be afraid.
Leader: When you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
Everyone: In God I trust; I will not be afraid.
Leader: When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned.
Everyone: In God I trust; I will not be afraid.
Leader: I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Isreal, your Savior;
Trust in Me with all your heart.
(from Isaiah 43:2-3: Psalm 56:4; Proverbs 3:5 NIV)
Everyone: In God I trust; I will not be afraid.
Leader: When you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
Everyone: In God I trust; I will not be afraid.
Leader: When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned.
Everyone: In God I trust; I will not be afraid.
Leader: I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Isreal, your Savior;
Trust in Me with all your heart.
(from Isaiah 43:2-3: Psalm 56:4; Proverbs 3:5 NIV)
Invocation:
Hymn Suggestions:
Opening Music: Same as last week
Hymn of Praise:
The Celebration Hymnal: number 580 Through it All or number 581 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, stanzas 1 and 4 This is fine, but someone will need to lead early worship, or maybe just do Tis so sweet in Early.
Prayer Hymn:
In Early Service: Students from Luther College will present: "As I Go Down to the River and Pray"
Second Service: The Celebration Hymnal: number 548 As the Deer Stanzas 1 and 3 -I think this is in the Chalice hymnal also
Second Service: The Celebration Hymnal: number 548 As the Deer Stanzas 1 and 3 -I think this is in the Chalice hymnal also
Communion Hymn:
Chalice Hymnal 413....Take OUr Bread
Hymn of Invitation:
Hymn of Invitation:
The Celebration Hymnal...number 750...I've Got Peace Like A River
Closing Music: Same as last week
No comments:
Post a Comment