NOTES: This Sunday we present Bibles to the children and youth of our church who have reached milestones in learning. Our church recognizes that as we grow, our reading and comprehension levels grow and change so we give reading level appropriate Bibles to children as they move through school. Our hope and our goal is that reading scripture and learning about God's word are part of our overall development. Are there children, youth and young adults in our lives as individuals and as a congregation who are ready to discover the Word of God as it lives in us?And as it can live in them?
Scripture: Psalm 119: 97-105 & 129-138 & Matthew 5:14-16
Psalm 119: 97-105 & 129-138
Oh, how I love your law! It is my meditation all day long. Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is always with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your decrees are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, for I keep your precepts. I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word. I do not turn away from your ordinances, for you have taught me. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
Your decrees are wonderful; therefore my soul keeps them. The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple. With open mouth I pant, because I long for your commandments. Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is your custom toward those who love your name. Keep my steps steady according to your promise, and never let iniquity have dominion over me. Redeem me from human oppression, that I may keep your precepts. Make your face shine upon your servant, and teach me your statutes. My eyes shed streams of tears because your law is not kept.
You are righteous, O Lord, and your judgments are right.
You have appointed your decrees in righteousness and in all faithfulness.
Matthew 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid. No one after lighting a lamp puts it under the bushel basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.
8:30 am Order of Service
We Gather in God's Presence
WelcomePrelude
Lighting the Christ Candles
Praise Hymn#97 "Fairest Lord Jesus" (all verses)
Call to Worship
Leader: God's word is a lamp to our feet,
our guide through the dark,
People: It is the wisdom and truth
that we follow each day.
Leader: God's word is sweeter than honey,
yet sharper than swords;
People: It is healing and justice
and ours to obey.
Leader: God's word is our understanding
of grace, peace and love,
People: It is the reason we gather
to worship today!
~ written by John Birch, and posted on Faith and Worship. http://www.faithandworship.com/
Invocation
Holy Spirit, come to us this day
and teach us sweet words again!
Make our minds and thoughts richer,
so that we may know your law
and your word can show us
your loving and wise heart. Amen.
~ written by Rev. Jan Brooks, Cottonwood Falls Presbyterian Church, Kansas.
We Contemplate God's Word
Presentation of Bibles
Scripture
Sermon
We Pray Together
Joys & ConcernsPrayer Hymn#586 "Open My Eyes, That I May See"(verse 1)
Praying Together
Holy God:
with the precious jewel
of holy scripture,
you share with us
the treasure of your heart.
Engrave your covenant -
your hopes, your dreams,
your vision, your peace -
upon our hearts,
that they might beat
as one with yours.
Holy Word:
ever clear,
you keep us from wandering
down the wrong paths;
ever longed for,
you make us persistent
in bringing justice
to the lost and to the least;
ever practical,
you show us how
not to misplace our hearts.
Holy Wisdom:
as you breathe the Word
into our hearts,
tutor us in faithfulness
so we are trained
in using the tools
of justice and hope;
so we are equipped
to share the good news with all;
so we become skilled
in compassion and grace.
God in Community, Holy in One,
we lift our hearts to you in Jesus' name, Amen.
~ written by Thom Shuman, and posted on Lectionary Liturgies. http://lectionaryliturgies.blogspot.ca/
We Come to the Lord's Table
Invitation to the TableCommunion Hymn#397 "Come, Risen Lord" (verses 1, 3, & 4)
Elder's Prayer
Words of Institution
The Lord's Supper with instrumental meditation
Prayer of Thanksgiving
We Go Forth into the World
Challenge for DiscipleshipDiscipleship Hymn#573 "Purer in Heart, O God" (verses 1 & 2)
Blessing
10:40 am Order of Service
We Gather in God's Presence
WelcomePrelude
Call to Worship
Leader: God's word is a lamp to our feet,
our guide through the dark,
People: It is the wisdom and truth
that we follow each day.
Leader: God's word is sweeter than honey,
yet sharper than swords;
People: It is healing and justice
and ours to obey.
Leader: God's word is our understanding
of grace, peace and love,
People: It is the reason we gather
to worship today!
~ written by John Birch, and posted on Faith and Worship. http://www.faithandworship.com/
Praise Hymn#97 "Fairest Lord Jesus" (all verses)
Lighting of the Candles
Invocation
Holy Spirit, come to us this day
and teach us sweet words again!
Make our minds and thoughts richer,
so that we may know your law
and your word can show us
your loving and wise heart. Amen.
~ written by Rev. Jan Brooks, Cottonwood Falls Presbyterian Church, Kansas.
Passing of the Peace
Faith Hymn Psalter # 759
We Contemplate God's Word
Presentation of BiblesScripture
Choir Anthem
Children's Sermon
Sermon
We Pray Together
Joys & ConcernsPrayer Hymn#586 "Open My Eyes, That I May See"(verse 1)
Praying Together
Holy God:
with the precious jewel
of holy scripture,
you share with us
the treasure of your heart.
Engrave your covenant -
your hopes, your dreams,
your vision, your peace -
upon our hearts,
that they might beat
as one with yours.
Holy Word:
ever clear,
you keep us from wandering
down the wrong paths;
ever longed for,
you make us persistent
in bringing justice
to the lost and to the least;
ever practical,
you show us how
not to misplace our hearts.
Holy Wisdom:
as you breathe the Word
into our hearts,
tutor us in faithfulness
so we are trained
in using the tools
of justice and hope;
so we are equipped
to share the good news with all;
so we become skilled
in compassion and grace.
God in Community, Holy in One,
we lift our hearts to you in Jesus' name, Amen.
~ written by Thom Shuman, and posted on Lectionary Liturgies. http://lectionaryliturgies.blogspot.ca/
We Come to the Lord's Table
Invitation to the TableCommunion Hymn#397 "Come, Risen Lord" (verses 1, 3, & 4)
Words of Institution
The Lord's Supper with instrumental meditation
Prayer of Thanksgiving
We Go Forth into the World
Challenge for DiscipleshipDiscipleship Hymn#573 "Purer in Heart, O God" (verses 1 & 2)
Blessing
Closing Hymn#431 "Go My Children, with My Blessing" (verse 3)
I am here to testify, I can't stop thanking Dr Odumodu for this great thing he has done in my life. I am so grateful to him, I was suffering HIV diseases for 8years, when I contacted Dr Odumodu after reading the wonderful testimony that people has been sharing about him. I have being on medication and trying looking cure to my ailment. I went through the internet doctors and I contacted a Tradomedical/Traditional herbalist doctor named, Dr Odumodu for help. He gave me all his rules and regulations that if he cure me that I should write about him on internet site and that is what I am doing now. He assured me that he will cure me completely with his natural herbal medicine which he really did, and I am now completely cured from HIV diseases, what will I say rather than thanking him for saving my life. Why suffering in silence when there is remedy to your problems, Dr Odumodu also specialized in curing the following diseases!
ReplyDelete(1) HIV/AIDS
(2) Diabetes
(3) Herpes Genital virus
(4) Stroke
(5) Kidney failure
(6) Hypertension
(7) Arthritis
(8) Infectility/Impotence
(9) Cancer Diseases
(10) Skin Infections Problem
(11) Fibroids Tumor
(12) Ulcer
(13) Asthma
(14) Gonorrhea/Staphylococcus
(15) HPV
(16) If you always had bad dreams
(17) Weak Erections
(18) Weak Ejaculation
(19) Low Sperm can
(20) PENIS Enlargement
(21) If you want your ex back
(22) Pile Infections
For more informations contact Dr Odumodu via email: ( drodumoduspiritualpower@gmail.com ) you can also call him on his mobile number or Whatsapp +2349067340424
HOW I GOT CURED FROM HIV VIRUS BY GREAT HEALER CALLED DOCTOR IDAHOSA.
ReplyDeleteGood news to everyone, I am here to testify of the great work Dr idahosa did in my life with the help of his herbal traditional medicine. I have been suffering from HIV since 2016 and ever since then I have been looking for solutions on how to cure it. I have being to different hospitals but I discovered none of them was working out for me that I was just wasting money. So I decided to live everything to God, then I was taking my medications to sustain my life and reduce the pains. So on this particular Sunday morning after coming back from service I sat down and began to ask myself questions, then my phone rang behold it was my Brother calling which I answered the call and he started telling me that a friend of his who has been suffering from same HIV VIRUS has just been cured by Dr idahosa the herbal medicine man. Then I was over whelmed, even though I was a little bit confused so he encourage me to also give Dr idahosa a trial and see for myself then I told he to help me get his contact and forward them to me, So immediately he got the contact of Dr idahosa and send them to me, immediately I contacted Dr idahosa and he told me everything I needed to do to enable me get the herbs for my medications and immediately i did that which he instructed me to do without wasting anytime. And here I am today sound and healthy without any symptoms of HIV or any sickness in my body system. And he also told me that there is no sickness on this planet earth that doesn’t have a cure that with the help of natural herbs he can cure any sickness or disease you can ever think off. So if you are suffering from HIV VIRUS or any other sickness or disease and you need a cure you can also contact Dr idahosa with this Email Address at (dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com) or add him on whatsapp +2348134261542 so you can also receive your healing and share your testimony, God bless you all.
I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Look For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguspellcaster@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteOr Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you .....
Thank God for using Dr Ojamo to get me cured from Herpes virus
ReplyDeleteThe disease appeared at the age of 38, with no hope of a cure from the hospitals i have went to, I thought my life have come to an end, until a friend of mine told me about Dr, Ojamo who treats all Kinds of
diseases including Herpes, I contacted him via his email: dr.ojamoherbalhome@gmail.com and purchased the Herpes drug which is in a form of liquid after preparation, I received the medicine
through airwingexpressdelivery and immediately commenced usage as prescribed, i used the medicine within 3weeks that i was instructed and to my greatest surprise my result became negative I am Herpes free, and I won't stop rejoicing and giving thanks to God for using Dr ojamo to cure me, you can contact him for your cure or any kinds of drugs, contact his Whatsapp number +2349077406037 or email dr.ojamoherbalhome@gmail.com
Thank God for using Dr Ojamo to get me cured from Herpes virus
ReplyDeleteThe disease appeared at the age of 38, with no hope of a cure from the hospitals i have went to, I thought my life have come to an end, until a friend of mine told me about Dr, Ojamo who treats all Kinds of
diseases including Herpes, I contacted him via his email: dr.ojamoherbalhome@gmail.com and purchased the Herpes drug which is in a form of liquid after preparation, I received the medicine
through airwingexpressdelivery and immediately commenced usage as prescribed, i used the medicine within 3weeks that i was instructed and to my greatest surprise my result became negative I am Herpes free, and I won't stop rejoicing and giving thanks to God for using Dr ojamo to cure me, you can contact him for your cure or any kinds of drugs, contact his Whatsapp number +2349077406037 or email dr.ojamoherbalhome@gmail.com