Sanctuary

Sanctuary
"...when you do this, remember me...."

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January 10, 2016

THEME:

Scripture:  Isaiah 43:1-7
But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.

Because you are precious in my sight, and honored, and I love you, I give people in return for you, nations in exchange for your life.

Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you;

I will say to the north, "Give them up," and to the south, "Do not withhold; bring my sons from far away and my daughters from the end of the earth--everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."

8:30 AM Order of Service Welcome and Announcements

Call to Worship:
Leader: Come! God is calling us to a new road, a mysterious path.
People: God is with us. We will not be afraid!
Leader: Come! We may cross a flooded river or a fiery desert
People: God loves us. We will not be lost to flood or fire!
Leader: Come! Do not be afraid of the unknown road ahead.
People: God has redeemed us and called us by name!

Hymn of Praise:  

Lighting of the Candles
Children are welcome to come forward.
Leader:  In the beginning, God said,
People: 'Let there be light' and there was light!
Leader: We light these candles today,
People: Because God is with us in this time and in this place!

Invocation & Lord's Prayer
O God who journeys with us, 
this day, this step, this path:
You have set us here
so here we will walk
at our best, to your glory.

Hear us as we continue our journey in prayer, Our Father...


  Joys & Concerns

Prayer Hymn 

Prayers of the People

Scripture: 

Sermon

Communion Hymn:

 Invitation to Share in the Lord's Supper

Christians of all denominations and backgrounds are welcome
to share in communion & offering.
Words of Institution & Prayer for Bread and Cup

The Lord's Supper and Offering

Please come forward down the center aisle to partake of the elements.
Gifts, tithes and offerings may be placed in the basket on the table.


Prayer of Thanksgiving

Invitation to Discipleship

Hymn of Invitation:

Blessing
Children are welcome to come forward.
Leader: The light that was in one place at one time, is now in all places and all times,
People: For God has placed the light in us!
Leader: We go in peace!
People: Amen!
           

10:40 AM Service Order
Gathering and Preparing for Worship
Opening Music:

Welcome & Announcements
Hymn of Praise:
Call to Worship
Leader: Come! God is calling us to a new road, a mysterious path.
People: God is with us. We will not be afraid!
Leader: Come! We may cross a flooded river or a fiery desert
People: God loves us. We will not be lost to flood or fire!
Leader: Come! Do not be afraid of the unknown road ahead.
People: God has redeemed us and called us by name!

 
Invocation & Lord's Prayer
O God who journeys with us, 
this day, this step, this path:
You have set us here
so here we will walk
at our best, to your glory.

Hear us as we continue our journey in prayer, Our Father...

Moments of Fellowship and Greeting

Offering Our Hearts to God

Call to Offering

Offertory

Doxology CH #46

Prayer of Dedication

Children's Moment and Blessing

Turning to God in Prayer
Joys and Concerns

Prayer Hymn:  
Prayers of the People
Contemplating God's Word

Scripture:

Choir Voluntary

Sermon
Sharing at the Lord's Table

Invitation to Communion
Christians of all denominations and backgrounds are welcome to share in communion. Please hold each element as we partake in unison.

Communion Hymn: 

Prayers for Bread & Cup and Words of Institution

Prayer of Thanksgiving

Going Forth in Faith

Invitation to Discipleship

Hymn of Invitation: 
Benediction

Choral Response 

Carrying Out of the Light

Postlude

No comments:

Post a Comment